Thursday 6 December 2012

Review: Florence + the Machine - O2 Arena

                                                             Photo by me


Along with the theatre, I absolutely love going to gigs and when the opportunity came up to see Florence for the second time this year I just couldn't pass it up. I feel like a bit of a latecomer to f+tm as I didn't really fall in love with them until the release of Ceremonials and that's when I went back to listen to Lungs and realised what an incredible album that is too.

I made my way to the O2 yesterday and got there for about 6:30 when the doors opened so managed to get a decent standing spot only about 6 people back from the barriers. If you're not a seasoned gig goer I recommend aiming for the sides as you can normally get closer with everyone else aiming for the middle and as you can see above I didn't have a bad view at all.

After standing through the support act Haim (made up of 3 sisters and a lone male from California), who actually weren't all that bad but I was far too distracted by the bizarre facial expression the bassist kept pulling. It was finally time for Florence to take to the stage, the set and entrance were pretty much exactly the same as when I saw them at Alexandra Palace but who needs to focus on that when Florence is demanding all your attention. She's definitely up there in my favourites and just has so much energy bouncing around the stage it's impossible not to bounce with her in the pit. My personal highlights would have to be 'You've got the Love', 'Shake it Out', 'No Light, No Light', 'Sweet Nothing', 'Spectrum' & 'Dog Days.' As you can tell it's quite hard to pinpoint my exact favourites as I really enjoyed the whole concert. If you're a fan of the music then you definitely need to go see them live.

No comments:

Post a Comment